I’ve always been impressed with those who can take overwhelming things and handle them with ease and poise. It never seemed to work that way for me, until I discovered the secret for tackling those daunting tasks.
The secret is simple: make things simple!
With just about every major undertaking, things can be simplified into a handful of “core” components. That makes them manageable. Manageable fosters productivity simply because I can work on something that seems accomplishable. And when productivity goes up, desired results come.
I received the following question from one of my clients…
“If you have to pick, what would you say are the top 2 or 3 things we should concentrate on? I’ve heard the domain/site (blog) are the most important, then others say writing info products, others say lists. For short term and long term investment, what is the most important things to be working on?”
This client wants things simplified. And rightly so. He knows the secret to success is getting things down into manageable chunks.
So, what are these core practices for building an internet business?
There are three things – and three things only – that you need to concentrate on with your business…
1. Offer Development. You cannot make money online unless you have an OFFER. It’s that simple. Unless there is some way for income to be generated, you can’t get paid. End of discussion. Every business is founded upon a revenue-generating offer. Now, this can either be your own offer (small reports, ebooks, membership sites, coaching/consulting, advertising, etc.) or something you promote as an affiliate and earn revenue for referred sales.
2. List Marketing. The fortune is in the list. You’ve heard it an untold number of times in the past, right? Building and profiting from opt-in lists should be a major priority on your schedule. You need to devote yourself to attracting new subscribers and then getting all of your subscribers to spend money with you … by purchasing your OFFERS (see #1 above).
3. Traffic. The third and final thing you need to concentrate on is “traffic”. This includes both traffic GENERATION (getting visitors to a site) and traffic CONVERSION (getting that traffic to buy). This includes things like: starting an affiliate program, buying PPC ads, participating in joint ventures, utilizing viral marketing tools, raising your visitor value, tweaking your sales pages, etc.
With each of these categories, you have a variety of options to choose from in directing your attention. It would be foolish for me to say “grow your affiliate program” as your number # traffic activity since I don’t know if you even have your own product to sell.
That’s why I don’t recommend specific activities, but rather three key categories of business-building.
With each of these categories, find 2-3 activities to work on each week and you should see results in a short amount of time.
I recommend you work on offer development every Monday, list marketing every Tuesday, and traffic generation every Wednesday. If you just spend a couple hours each of these days working on these core parts of your business, sales should come.
In a nutshell –
- Find an offer to promote.
- Setup a list to promote the offer.
- Drive traffic to the list opt-in page.
Keep it simple.
Keep it successful.
Believe it or not, there is a tremendous “operations manual” that you can download to help you create a plan that works for YOU. Check out “Homepreneur Habits: How To Run A Successful Home Business ” by Clicking here. In it, you’ll learn the Internet Marketer’s Weekly R.O.U.T.I.N.E.